Instructors, School Improvement Programme
Professional Development Centre, Gilgit, Institute for Educational Development - Gilgit
Aga Khan University – Professional Development Centre, Gilgit (PDC’ G) of the Aga Khan University – Institute for Educational Development (AKU-IED) works for quality improvement in education in Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) region of Pakistan.
PDC’G is the pioneer of the Whole School Improvement Programme (WSIP) in the GB region which treats the school, rather than individuals, as the unit of training and development. It is an effort to enable teachers to stimulate new thinking about their teaching practices, teaching material and curricula, and to make the optimal use of personnel and facilities through improved management; all converging into enhanced student learning outcomes.
This is a short-term contractual position for a period of ten months.
You will be responsible for:
- identifying, designing and delivering workshops, lectures, sessions, short courses for PDC’G
- facilitating specifically assigned Certificate Programmes, Advanced Diploma in Education and Early Childhood Education & Development (ECED) courses
- conducting workshops for professional associations / school teachers
- participating in teaching activities for other programmes and follow-up activities related to the area of work/assignment
- participating in developing instructional materials related to academic programmes/projects
- supporting teachers during their field work, being available for course participants requiring guidance for their assignments
- engaging in scholarly work including writing articles independently on assigned projects
- pursuing publication of scholarly work in professional journals under the supervision of senior faculty
- participating in research studies with senior colleagues including designing instruments, collecting, compiling & analyzing data
- conducting and participating in various meetings and sessions with stakeholders in the schools, at PDCN and in the field
- ensuring active participation and contribution for committees as member & also provide ongoing feedback to supervisor for the same
- participating in in-house faculty meetings, forums, policy based discussions, various other meetings, etc.
You should have:
- an M.Ed or M.Phil with BSc (MSc will be preferred) in Mathematics and Physics from an HEC recognized or foreign university/institution
- at least five to seven years’ of relevant work experience
- good teaching skills and knowledge of new teaching methodologies & practices
- well-versed with current research methodologies
- ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with course participants
- good academic writing skills
- fluency in English & Urdu, ability to communicate in other regional languages would be an advantage
- proficiency in use of related computer software packages
- good conceptual and analytical skills
- good leadership skills
- ability to work with teams.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject with position number “10000102”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by April 29, 2018